Thursday, July 24, 2008

Junior Olympics

Wow! How exciting! I can't barely believe it myself! I'm going to the junior olympics and not just as a spectator, but literally as a competetor! I have a pass and the leo to prove it! But the coolest part about it is that I'm going to surprise everyone and do a backhandspring! I'm quite nervous but really excited! All I have to do is go out there and have a blast doing what I love to do. I don't know why I'm so jumpy about this meet. If anything, I should be more nervous than ever before. But I'm actually the most happy about this meet than any other in a long time. It's crazy, I know, but I have a feeling that something out of this world is going to happen, like this is my time to shine, and that I've been holding out on myself. So, here are the goals and details about the meet. On vault I'll be doing a fronthandspring full and the best part is that it's with the airboard! Now my vault will be even better than normal. On bars, I would really like to just make it through my routine cleanly and without falling and the same goes for beam, I want to be solid and graceful. As for floor, I'm putting my fronthandspring front tuck at the begining so that I'm not so tired at the end. I'm also, like I said, am going to do my backhandspring (yeah :) ) and really show off my routine, all while trying to SMILE BIG! People always ask me if my life goal is to go to the olympics after I tell them that I'm a gymnast, and I have always said, "No, I'm not that good. I won't go that far." But maybe this is God's way of showing me that I have more than what I thought. Maybe this excited, jumpy and unusual feeling is God's way of telling me that everything is going to be just fine and that he is going to use this meet to test my faith and trust in Him so that I may come closer to Him. This is how He is going to show His power and grace to other people through me in my competition. It will be such an honor to serve the Lord using the talent that He has given me!

3 comments:

Austin said...

hey wats up? thats soooo cool i cant believe your actually goin to the junior olympics!!! thats sooo cool. im sortof jeulous of you. tehe. i know your goin to do great so have fun. remember to do your best.

Taylor said...

Hey Court, I am so excited for you and you should be really proud of yourself! That is amazing that you have the privilege to compete in this and I KNOW that you will do great!

Have the time of your life and I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!! Love you forever - Rosie
P.S.- I absolutely love the blog!

Taylor said...

Hey Courtney, good luck today! I know that you will do great!