Friday, July 25, 2008

Life in the Sports Lane

Well... life right now is doing all right. I'm not one to complain. The junior olympics were less than stellar, but there were some good things too. But on a better note, I also just finished my last day of camp and let me tell you, it was AMAZING! Oh sorry gotta interupt. Carlos Guillen just hit a home run to get a one run lead!!!! Ok, as I was saying before, this years' camp was way better than last years'. I don't know if it's the staff or if it's me this year, but either way it was great. I really feel like I actually learned something and improved this time. I learned alot about passing, yes I said passing, a little hitting, serving, setting, playing, and TALKING up a storm! Coach is just too funny and her friends were too. I'm really excited about this year (volleyball wise) because I've already been on the JV team last year and hopefully can do the same this year. But in order to do that I need to start working out for tryouts coming up soon ASAP!!! I've gotta start running for the mile run, doing some pushups and situps (ok, alot of them), jump ropes GALORE, and other workout stuff and a lot of it!!! I gotta work to no end to be the best and earn my spot that I want so badly! I gotta get faster, more aggressive, louder, quicker, jump higher, and be able to set the tone on the court. Oh boy, I got a lot cut out for me, but good thing I'm a hard worker and have the drive! I'm gettin tired jst thinking about it!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Hi Court, I am so glad that your camp and the Olympics went great! I hope that you have a great weekend!

P.S.- I love your little "about me" thingy on the side! Very clever and cute!